Guidelines for Oral and Poster Presentations
Computer Specifications and Equipment
- The computers in the meeting rooms will be PCs with Windows 10, Office 2010 Standard and Acrobat Reader.
- Basic audio system and pointer will be available.
Creating Your Presentation
- Presentation format – All presentations must be created in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Duration – Each presentation will be a 15-minute timeslot, including 12-minute presentation and 3-minute Q&A.
- Language – All presentations 。To accommodate a wide range of audiences, you are encouraged if feasible to insert Chinese translations for headings, figures/tables, and important findings.
- Image & Video/Audio Files – Image files are embedded directly into PowerPoint when the file is saved,while video and audio files are not. Only a link is made to those files. Copy your video and audio clips into the same folder as the PowerPoint file. This will eliminate the problem of PowerPoint losing the link to the file. The recommended video format for Windows-based presentations is Windows Media (.wmv).
- Fonts – Arial, Calibri, and Times New Roman for English characters and Fangsong (仿宋), Heiti (黑体)and Songti (宋体) for Chinese characters are recommended for clarity and compatibility. Confirm a font size of at least 24 points for body text and 36–40 points for headings. Confirm that the maximum number of lines in text slides is no more than 6 or 7.
- Animations & Slide Transitions – Please keep animations and slide transitions to a minimum.
- The Planning Committee will review your presentation to make sure all texts, images, and animations will appear as expected and that all audio or video clips are working properly. If the presentation files are too large to be enclosed in the email, please upload the files onto Dropbox, Baidu Pan (百度网盘) or other web-based file hosting service which allows the Planning Committee to extract the files without logging in.
Location & Schedule
- Posters will be on display on the exhibition room on the first floor of Beibu Gulf University Library for the duration of the conference.
- Presenters are asked to stand by their poster during the following presentation time and are also encouraged to be present during tea breaks, lunch hours, etc. Our goal is to give your presentation as much exposure as possible so that you can make the most of your presentation at the Workshop.
Exhibition room for poster presentation
Poster Sessions are schedule for
- June 17th, 2019 Lunch break (11:55 – 13:45)
- June 18th, 2019 Lunch break (12:05 – 13:30)
- The Planning Committee will be in charge of the printing and set up for your poster.
- The Planning Committee will review your presentation to make sure all texts and images will appear as expected.
- Dimensions: Each poster will be displayed on 90 cm wide by 120 cm high. Therefore, the poster file provided must be in a tall dimension in 4:3 ratio. Make sure that the file is in uncompressed printing resolution.
- If the presentation files are too large to be enclosed in the email, please upload the files onto Dropbox, Baidu Pan (百度网盘) or other web-based file hosting service which allows the Planning Committee to extract the files without logging in.
- Keep content simple and provide a clear message in text that is large enough to read from a distance. Further details can be provided in discussions with attendees or via a handout that also includes your contact information.
- There is no electricity available at individual poster stations. If you intend on using a tablet, laptop or other electronic device during your presentation, please be sure the batteries are fully charged prior to your presentation time.